Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Ella goes to school
This post should actually be titled, "Mommy goes to school while Ella goes on a long walk with Neillee." I decided to enroll Ella in obedience classes, even though we aren't having any major behavioral problems. I really just want her to learn to come when called, sit and stay, and not pull on the leash. Anyway, the first obedience class was last night and was for dog owners only. I had to go to class for 2 1/2 hours and Ella stayed home. I suppose I have to learn to be obedient before I can teach her. The class went well, I learned a lot of great information already. Ella goes back with me next week and we'll start our joint training then. To prepare Ella for school, we are reading Dear Mrs. LaRue: Letters From Obedience School by Mark Teague. This book is hysterically funny, and is told from the point-of-view of a dog named Ike who has been sent away to obedience school by his owner, Mrs. LaRue. Mrs. LaRue is at her wit's end, since Ike howls, eats off the table, terrorizes the neighbor's cats, and drags her around on his leash, so she sends him to obedience school for two months. The book consists of a series of letters that Ike writes to Mrs. LaRue, begging her to come rescue him from what he considers to be prison. The illustrations are what really make the story funny, since we see Ike enjoying a pool, getting fed fancy dog food, and playing with other dogs in the "prison." Ike's dramatic letters are the complete opposite of the pictures, which prove how much he actually enjoys obedience school. I have a feeling that Ella will enjoy obedience school too, since she'll be getting a ton of treats and praise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment