Wednesday, May 11, 2011
How Ella met Prince Charming
Let me start by saying that I'm very, very, very lucky to have so many amazing friends who come through for me when I need them most. One of my very best friends, Russell, stepped up when I needed a travel buddy this week. You see, when I first heard about Ella and decided to adopt her, I was worried most about one thing: the trip from Williamsburg to Winchester to pick her up and bring her back. I knew that this would be the first time I would be meeting her, and I knew she would likely be nervous and confused. What would make this situation more difficult? The fact that I would have to put her in the car immediately and drive 3 1/2 hours home. I really didn't feel comfortable making the trip alone, since I would be unable to comfort Ella from the driver's seat. The night before I was scheduled to pick Ella up, I still hadn't found a travel buddy. Thankfully, Russell agreed to make the trip and serve as my dogsitter on the way home. As it turns out, Ella was a dream traveler, sleeping pretty much the entire way home and generally being adorable and cheerful (as she always is!). When we got back to Williamsburg, we went to Russell's house to drop him off and Ella met her very own Prince Charming. You see, Russell's family also has a Beagle. His name is Duke and he is energetic, sweet, and just plain charming. Even though Duke played hard-to-get during their first date, I have a feeling that Ella is already in love. She's quite the heartbreaker already, so I don't think she'll have any problem wooing Duke. I'm not that great at math, but I'm thinking Duke + Ella = Happily Ever After!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment