Thursday, May 12, 2011
Ella visits the doctor and enjoys a bedtime story with Biscuit
Today was Ella's first visit to the veterinarian, and I am happy to report that she is healthy and adorable! Last night, in preparation for our first trip to the doctor, we read Biscuit Visits the Doctor by Alyssa Capucilli. Ella's Auntie Erin used to love Biscuit books when she was little, and Ella does too! In this book, Biscuit the golden retriever puppy visits the vet for the first time to see how much she has grown and have her teeth, ears, eyes, nose, tummy, and feet checked. The illustrations are precious and it's a very easy read for a beginner. I imagine that kids would be fascinated by the bright colors and descriptions of Biscuit's vet and the other dogs that Biscuit meets at the vet's office. Perhaps reading this book before bedtime the night before a child's doctor visit would help calm nerves, since Capucilli gives cheerful descriptions of all of the routine essentials of a doctor visit through Biscuit's eyes. Ella got a good night's sleep last night after her story time and woke up ready to visit her new friend, Dr. Arrison. I chose Dr. Arrison because our friends Kristen and Emma the dog absolutely love her, and I can see why! We went into the office and the vet and her assistant came right over and began petting Ella and exclaiming over how cute and sweet she was. Obviously, Ella loved the extra attention! She was a perfect lady the entire time we were there, even when having her ears cleaned for the first time! I was way more nervous about the whole trip than she was! Dr. Arrison told us that Ella is completely healthy and we just have to keep her floppy Beagle ears clean and give her heart worm and flea/tick medicine each month. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and I'm so relieved to have such a happy and healthy puppy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment